With the help of the Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Program 2024, advance academically.
This distinguished fellowship supports deserving students from underdeveloped nations who wish to enroll in full-time postgraduate programs at reputable institutions of higher learning.
Prepare yourself to seize this fantastic opportunity to fulfill your educational aspirations.
About Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship
His Highness The Aga Khan founded the International Scholarship Programme (ISP) of the Aga Khan Foundation to offer vital assistance to gifted students from impoverished nations who are unable to afford their postgraduate courses.
The recipients of this scholarship can attend the prestigious universities of their choosing to further their education.
Application procedure: An annual competitive application process is used to choose the award winners.
Anyone interested in applying must get in touch with the appropriate country-based unit, which conducts interviews and processes applications.
Those who have obtained funds from alternate sources are given preference because the ISP is regarded as a lender of last resort.
Application Cycle: In January 2024, the application cycle for 2024–2025 will begin.
For application forms, deadlines, and prerequisites, applicants may get in touch with their neighborhood Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices.
Read more on Horatio Alger Scholarship in USA
ISP grants are split into a grant and a loan, with candidates required to repay 50% of the total award.
While Ph.D. students receive scholarships for the first two years of their program and are then encouraged to find other sources of income, master’s scholarships cover the whole length of the degree program.
The loan amount is subject to a cumulative service charge of 5% annually, and a guarantor is required.
The five-year repayment period begins six months after graduation or funding is terminated. A two-year moratorium is available for graduates who are going back to work in a developing nation.
The scholarship includes tuition reimbursement and living expenses for the recipient, but not housing costs or international travel.
- Rural development
- Institution building
- Economic development
- Agriculture and food security
- Civil society
- Enterprise development
- Financial inclusion
- Historic cities
- Humanitarian assistance
- Industrial development
- Infrastructure development
- Tourism promotion
The Aga Khan Foundation provides the following benefits to recipients of overseas scholarships:
The Foundation only assists students with living and tuition costs.
Only the first two years of a Ph.D. program are financially supported; after that, students must find other sources of support.
The needs of the students determine the amount of financial aid.
To keep the amount requested from the Foundation to a minimum, applicants are urged to make every attempt to secure support from additional sources as well.
Those who have obtained some support from alternative sources are given priority.
Also check out Dalhousie University Scholarships (Fully Funded)
The remaining half of the scholarship is treated as a loan, with a 5% annual service fee. A guarantor must co-sign the loan deal.
A five-year payback period begins six months after the Aga Khan Foundation-funded study period concludes.
Candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below to be eligible for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships:
- As determined by the requirements of the chosen institute.
- eligible nations Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, and Mozambique are among the nations from which the Foundation accepts applications. Applications are accepted in France, Portugal, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Canada from those who are residents of one of the aforementioned developing countries, are interested in development studies, and have no other means of funding their studies.
- Over time, good academic records
- There is a genuine financial necessity.
- Admission to a prestigious program of study or university.
- The study’s relevance to AKDN’s areas of focus
- displaying well-planned and coordinated educational and professional plans,
- Their academic ability in a foreign academic environment, as well as their extracurricular interests and achievements
- It is expected of applicants that they have some job experience in their desired sector.
- Students under 30 years old are prioritized.
How to Apply
Please follow the steps below to apply for an international scholarship from the Aga Khan Foundation:
- A scholarship to attend the chosen university should be considered.
- Obtain an application form from the Aga Khan Education Services or Boards in your current country.
- Send the completed application to the entity that provided it. They must not be taken to Geneva.
Visit the official website to learn more about the international scholarships offered by the Aga Khan Foundation:
How can I get the scholarship in Aku?
Students who have completed or are enrolled in AKUEB SSC Part II with a Grade A (70% or higher score) are eligible for the scholarship. his or her AKU-EB application.
How can I apply for college scholarships?
In most circumstances, your application must contain the following information:
- Letter of motivation.
- evidence of your athletic, academic, or creative accomplishments.
- You might have to provide official documentation of your income to qualify for some need-based scholarships.
- a university letter of acceptance.
Can we receive financial aid at Aga Khan University?
A monthly book allowance of up to 2500 rupees, full payment of all AKU-EB examination fees for the two years of HSSC, and up to 3500 rupees in monthly school or college tuition fees are all covered by the scholarship.
However, it does not pay for additional living expenses such as travel and uniforms.
What is the international scholarship program of the Aga Khan Foundation?
His Highness the Aga Khan created the International Scholarship Program (ISP) of the Aga Khan Foundation.
The ISP seeks to assist talented, exceptional students from poor nations who lack other financial support in pursuing full-time postgraduate study at respectable higher education institutions of their choice.
What is the ISP program?
The ISP seeks to assist talented, exceptional students from poor nations who lack other financial support in pursuing full-time postgraduate study at respectable higher education institutions of their choice. The following requirements must be met to apply for the program:
Students from underdeveloped nations have an incredible opportunity to pursue their ambitions of higher education and make a difference in their communities through the 2024 Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships.
The detailed procedure provided in this manual offers aspirant scholars a clear road map. The Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships could be your ticket to a better future if you match the requirements and are dedicated to making a difference.