This post will give a good detail of Joel Macharia Net Worth, Biography, Early Life, Experience, Education, Accomplishment, Language.
Joel Macharia is a Kenyan Entrepreneur and the founder and CEO of Abacus Wealth Management, an online investment brokerage. He is a Scholar and a lover of finance and technology.
|Full Name:||Joel Macharia|
|Place of Birth:||Kenya|
|Language:||English and Kiswahili|
|Organization:||iHub, Thousand Network|
|Net Worth:||Over $2 billion|
Biography / Early Life
Joel Macharia stares failure in the eye at 29. He made money, lost it, fell into debt, and built a more substantial business from ashes.
At the age of twelve, Macharia began his way to financial success. He was enthralled by banking following the introduction to the term “Other People’s Money” by an uncle who worked in the field in high school when he began studying markets as part of business studies.
In 2008, he saw his company was ruined by the uncertainty of Kenya’s violent elections 2007.
The market plummeted, and his customers retreated their cash which left him with a massive debt at 22. He was then forced to take employment as a product designer. Macharia returned to investing and financial planning.
He created PesaTalk, but in 2012 after a dispute against venture capitalists, Macharia left and walked out of the most significant business news website for consumers in Kenya.
Then, in 2014, he launched Abacus, a financial services business that has grown to more than 3000 investors.
Joel Macharia has participated in 3 events as a speaker in:
- East Africa Com 2017 – reflects the rapid convergence between the telecoms, media, broadcasting, and technology spaces.
- VIVA Technology Paris 2019 – This is a global meeting of startups and leaders to celebrate innovation
- Vivatech 2021 is a rendezvous for startups and leaders to celebrate innovation.
Courses Joel was interested in
Joel cared about:
- Arts and culture
- Economic empowerment
- Education, and Science
You May Also Like:
Joel Macharia was married in 2002 and blessed with three young people. He has been a hard-working man of which his immediate result was recognized in 2016 when he was included in Forbes Africa’s 2016 30 Under 30 list.
- Chief Executive Officer – Abacus Wealth Management PanAfrica (Nov 2014 – Present)
- Director – Capital Associates (Aug 2007 – Present)
- Director – Sunciti Resort, Sagana (2012 – Present)
- Founder and CEO – Pesatalk.com (Feb 2012 – Dec 2012)
From 2001 – 2004 he attended Alliance High School.
Strathmore University – As a Chartered Public Accountant
2005 – 2008: the University of Nairobi had his Bachelor of Commerce, Finance.
Honours & Award
- Top African Innovators – May 2017
- Young Person of the Year – 2017
- Forbes Africa’s Top 30 under 30 – June 2016
- Kenya’s Top 40 Under 40 Men – Jan 2012
Success or Failure: Its A Question of Funding – Oct 2012
Try First Thyself – Sep 2012 (Business Mind Magazine)
Joel Macharia is one of Africans best Entrepreneurs due to his commitment and diligence to his works. While he was facing some challenges, I understood that he never gave up despite the country’s situation.
This should also teach young Scholars to continue grinding and pushing because they are on the road to success and remember while he was doing all this, he was always reading books.